Tuesday, October 26, 2010

How to wake up in the morning w/o caffeine?

I used to drink a ton of coke & pepsi. Recently I switched to coke zero, but it just deosnt taste as good so I hardly drink any more soda...which I am happy about but I'm so tired! I used to drink soda in the morning to wake up bc I hate coffee & tea. It takes me so long to get going. What else can I do to wake up??How to wake up in the morning w/o caffeine?
Get off the caffeine completely. Often times the body can become immune to the "waking" effects of caffeine and instead you will decline into greater need for sleep. Its like withdrawl and you have greater lows after the highs.
Try instead increasing your protein intake to give yourself more energy in combination with a low sugar carb food. This mix will give your blood energy (calories) that will burn longer. A good lowfat choice is drink skim milk and snack on an apple. I have used this personally for years and have had great success. Save caffeine intake for extreme situations where you need to be alert because it still can be very useful.
Exercise! A good cardio workout will wake you up and get your body running efficiently, the boost will stay with you through out the day.
A very cold shower. Not nice but it really does the trick.
idk I'm the other way around I hate soda but love my coffee in the morning
Eat an apple. It will give you more of a boost than coffee!
This will sound crazy, but an apple has more energizing affect on you than a 16 oz cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment