Tuesday, October 26, 2010

How to prevent the effect of formalin on my nose and eyes?

as a med.student I have to work on cadavers which are saturated with formalin for at least one hour.
this irritates my eyes and my nose and my throat.once I smell it for 5 minutes I feal like I can't open my eyes at all and start tearing,I have runny nose,and have pain in my throat.
I would like to know how to prevent this horrible effectHow to prevent the effect of formalin on my nose and eyes?
Contact your Gp or maybe some one else with experience in your chosen profession who works with that chemical.. you wont be the first to have a reaction to it and someone might have a good little tip to help you get sorted. all chems have a side effect and its just a matter of finding out if you can stop your reaction, eg is it irritating the skin then use a barrier cream?
Edit would a face mask be out of the question ?? eg is it the fumes you react to
Sounds like maybe an allergy. You should quite med school now and go into something without chemicals (well at least not the same chemicals) like law.

No comments:

Post a Comment