Tuesday, October 26, 2010

How to lose weight while in crutches and a wheelchair?

Well, about 3, almost 4, weeks ago I broke my femur pretty badly. ANd now I have this huge metal thing attached to six pins that are drilled into my bone. With this, I cannot bend my knee or really do anything normally. At school I have to be in a wheelchair (which I was nervous about the reception of that, but it turned out okay). But I cant really walk without crutches. And I cant run either. I cant get any exercise. Im a pretty big thirteen year old (180 lbs, 6'0") and I have lost a bit of weight since staying in the hospital for so long. But if I keep eating and not exercising, Im woried I'll end up really big. I dont know what to do!How to lose weight while in crutches and a wheelchair?
If you want to start to lose weight you have to increase the amount of physical activity. For example you can walk a little more with your crutches, you can propel your wheelchair (it′s a great work for your upper body), you can exercise your arms and your other leg. Always do it carefully, and remember there shouldn′t be any pain
Best of luck
I know that my mother had stuff from richard simmons that had excercises for people who couldnt stand and walk it was more upper body stuff. I would also think that you should be receiving some type of pt soon for your leg, maybe you should ask you pcp or pt or their advice to ensure you dont do anything to hinder your healing first!!

No comments:

Post a Comment