Saturday, October 23, 2010

How to find out a doctor's credentials, other than what he tells me?

Am considering surgery and want to find out whether there are any negatives on the doctor. Went online to academy of medicine and it seems to be for professionals only. Does anyone know how to go about this?How to find out a doctor's credentials, other than what he tells me?
Look online for the Medical Licensure website in your state. The site should tell you if your DR has been reprimanded for anything.
Talk to the medical board who licenses doctors in your area.
lol real doctors hang their credentials in their offices. That's how you would check.
I belong to an HMO that provides those details for every participating doctor. Does your health organization have info like that available? Have you inquired at hospital he practices at? If you are considering surgery what does your primary care physician say about him? Does your state medical licensing board have info on his record and training that is on their web site?
When I had surgery they made sure I knew everything about the surgeon and insisted that I check on him before signing consent forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment